Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Georgetown Delaware "Seat of Justice"

Thanksgiving & the "Seat of Justice"


Saw my first Snowflake of the season today. Perfect. 24 November, Thanksgiving Eve.
Picked up my Father's ring in the town Circle & was amazed at my Good Fortune...
My Father, David Louis Ruge was a simple man with an earthy sense of humour. He loved his newspaper & very long stretches of "private" time in our families bathroom. We spanned several generations in that brownstone; Great Grandmother, Grandmother, Grandfather, Father, Sister & myself. (Not to mention the endless hordes of relatives, friends, & guests malingering endlessly)
As you might imagine, this meant competition was fierce for the singular sensation of Go. Because of the intense demand, Power & Mystery surrounded that one room more than perhaps any other in our Home. You could say that the reason I now seek the Perfect Throne myself is due to those many years in Exile awaiting my turn to Reign.
My search manifested itself early on, by the age of 8, I had amassed a fairly extensive vocabulary of local & not so local restaurants, hotels, office buildings, bars, or any other fine establishment that had it's own private necessary room. It became a quest for me to find the perfect place to rest my will & become at ease with the magnificent duty that was mine. Assume the Throne. Destiny, Destiny there's no other way for me...I'd mumble to myself as my eyes rolled by in my head & I fumbled for the Sacred Charmin Parchment that would wipe away all doubt that this was indeed My Throne, My Destiny...

Thanks for Your Time, I gotta go...


SER

No comments:

Post a Comment