Saturday, December 4, 2010

Falling Snow, Heaven on Earth.

Falling Snow is my favorite thing to witness in the World. Awoke to a sky filled with baby flakes of pure white (actually transparent I'm told, but somehow in the wonder of creation they capture light/reflect it back in solid white, as all of the colors of the Rainbow in One) & a pine treeline dusted with magic.
As Children, my sister Katherine (Kathy as she came to be called) and I would create our own Winter Wonderland of Snow with Charmin's finest. Covering our "Christmas Tree", Creating our own version of the Alps, building Igloo cities where TP Snowmen dwelled...until our architectural wonder works came to a screeching, you might even say screaming halt: "Where in the Hell is the damn toilet paper!!!? This was clearly a clue, hinted at by my Father's danger filled, disapproving default tone of voice, to run away, get some fresh air & play outside...or, die.
Kathy the PhD, & I, always Lovers of Life, took to high tailing, high stepping our way towards the high road of survival.
In our Kingdom, we play acted our future roles as King & Queen on a daily basis. Using all material at hand as our tools of the trade. Discarded toilet paper roll=Knights dagger. Wounds created by dagger, wrapped & tended by my soon to be Doctor Sister, with even more of the white wonder stuff found so plentifully in our Fathers "Office". "Imagination is more Important than knowledge". Whathisname.
P.S.
If you ever run into my sister ask her share her story about the imaginative/medical uses of Electricians/Scotch tape, it is a real knee slapper. Next Post: "The PhD & Punctuation..."


Thanks for Your Time,
Gotta Go...

SER

1 comment:

  1. I love the winter wonderland you painted with Charmin ;) It reminds me of my childhood. Oh, it has so many uses... which bring so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete