Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dear Charmin Go Nation....Love, Alabama:

Hello Charmin Go Nation Contest and ALABAMA!!!

Now that the semi-finals have ended , I can breathe and type. It has been a wild and crazy ride and I have enjoy it!!! Here's what I've been up to.........

Dear Charmin: Dec. 3, 2010

Soooooooo, my toilet seat is done. YAY!!! I had a lot of fun bringing my vision to light. After three days of drawing, painting, glueing, grouting, arranging, un-glueing, re-grouting, and rearranging MY BABY IS FINALLY OFF TO NEW YORK!!!! (Tear).

Its kind of bitter sweet. I am so proud of my toilet seat and excited to see how it does, but I miss it. I know it sounds weird that I have separation issues with a toilet seat, but its true I wanted to keep it for myself and display it in my house. I don’t think it would be very comfortable to sit on considering it is completely covered with tiny sharp pieces of glass, but I still think its amazing!

Top 10 Ten Toilet Seat:





Dear Charmin: Dec. 4, 2010

Its time to start Phase Two of the Charmin Go Nation Contest. I am planning a Toiletry Drive, called the Charmin Enjoy the Go Toiletry Drive for Dec. 11, 2010. Since there is not a lot of time I must hit the streets and get the word out.... First stop, Tuscaloosa”s Christmas Parade. (Light Bulb!!!!) I’m going to dress up like a giant roll of Toilet Tissue!!!! This is going to be so much fun! Ok, must go shopping!!!!


Dear Charmin: Dec. 5, 2010

Foam Mattress Pad...Check! White Bed sheet set.....Check! Safety Pins...Check! Needle and Thread.....Check, Check!!! I have everything I need to start making my costume!!! Now, I am off to do a radio interview to promote the Charmin ‘Enjoy the Go’ Toiletry Drive at WQZZ 96.9 with Dr. Jones.



Dear Charmin: Dec. 6, 2010

The Christmas Parade is scheduled to start at 6:30PM and my costume is falling apart. I need help and my sister is no where to be found. The foam is not staying in place and I am running out of time. think....think...think...... CHICKEN WIRE!! “DAD!!!! I NEED YOUR HELP”!!! He couldn’t find any chicken wire, but he did come to the rescue with Sprinkler system piping and duck tape!!! Costume is ready with a built in pocket to hold my cellphone. I’m ready for my debut as, TP Girl!!!! This is going to be classic!!!



Dear Charmin Dec. 7, 2010

The Christmas Parade was a blast!! People were not sure if I was a marshmallow or The Abominable Snowman, which was great because then they had to read my sign about the Toiletry Drive!! Mission accomplished. I'm headed to the Great Day Tuscaloosa Show with Kip Tyner to talk about the Toiletry Drive!! Afterwards, its back to work on the drive. Its going to be a amazing week.

Dear Charmin: Dec. 8, 2010


Everything is coming together for the event! The Mayor of Tuscaloosa is scheduled to give the welcome, Master of Ceremonies is comedian Funnymaine Johnson, we have choirs, singers, rappers, a magican, facepainting, and Santa Claus all lined up for the event!!! Y’all I am sooo excited! Well, tomorrow I am off to speak with Warrior Academy in Eutaw, AL about the importance of following your dreams and giving back to your community.

Dear Charmin: Dec. 9, 2010

What a blessing! Warrior Academy has decided to join the Charmin Go Nation movement and support the toiletry by collecting items. I truly enjoyed my time with the kids and staff. Thank you Ms. Taylor for giving me the opportunity to spread the Enjoy the Go Spirit with Warrior!!!



Dear Charmin: Dec. 10, 2010

You maybe wondering, Why host a toiletry drive? Well...I created the Charmin ‘Enjoy the Go’ Toiletry Drive as my way of spreading the Enjoy the Go spirit in Alabama. I believe that one can not thoroughly enjoy their bathroom experience if they do not have the essential toiletries. This single thought changed my entire perspective and focus during this competition. Now, it is the night before the big event and I am thrilled that everything has come together and that we will be able to help a lot of individuals enjoy their go.

Dear Charmin: Dec. 11, 2010


Thank you to everyone who came out and supported the drive!







Pictured above from left to right.
PIc1: Iris Hill and Mayor Walter Maddox Pic2: Absolute, Iris Hill, and Byron (UGK Records, VP) Pic3: Iris Hill and The Noble One Pic4: InfinityPHD

Dear Charmin: Dec. 13, 2010

I did not reach my goal of collecting 3000 toiletries items so I have vowed to wear my TP Girl costume until I reach 3000!! Starting tomorrow I will stand at the corner of 15th Street and McFarland Blvd in Tuscaloosa to collect the remaining items. Wish me luck!!!

Dear Charmin: Dec. 14, 2010

Day 1: The Return of TP Girl!! My first day back in the costume was very interesting. The day started off at 7AM with temperatures around 19 degrees. Y'all, I have been close to frostbite, I am sunburned, and I am fatigued, but...... I collected more TOILETRIES!!!! so it was all worth it. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to drop off item. I’m headed out to 2 Dollar Tuesdays for a LIVE COMEDY, I repeat LIVE COMEDY show at The BrickHouse to promote the drive and to pick up some more toiletries.





Dear Charmin: Dec. 15, 2010

Day 2: The Return of TP Girl. Today after finishing up at 15th Street and McFarland I went to the University of Alabama’s Basketball game. Yes, in costume!!! It was so funny. People recognized me from the Toiletry drive or the Christmas parade and were telling me their stories of trying to guess why I was dressed up. I made the Dance Cam and showed every one how the Charmin Go Nation gets down!!! Dance Chant Please!!!......... “Go, Charmin! GO GO! Go Charmin!! I’m in a ROLL. Go Charmin! GO GO! GO Charmin”!! Now, its time to call into the Bre’ly Evans show and spread the word!!!

Dear Charmin: Dec. 16th, 2010

Day 3: The Return of TP Girl. It was so hard getting up this morning. My body is so tired. I think all that dancing last night is catching up with me, but the drive must go on. We have collected 1115 items as of Wednesday night. Time to call Mr. Jimmy Lawson at 96.9 WQZZ and let everyone know I am still here!!!

Dear Charmin: Dec 17, 2010

Day 4: The Return of TP Girl. I started the day by going to take a picture of a bathroom in Marion, AL. I don’t think I have ever worked so hard to take a picture in my life. I had to pull out and dust off the techniques I learned from my days as yearbook photographer. The day ended on a great note! After counting the toiletry booty of the day I have.... TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED NINETY THREE TOILETRIES!!!! I am going to the store to purchase the last 7 items and retire my costume. It has been a wild and crazy 3 weeks and I have seriously enjoy all of it.

Thank you Charmin Go Nation for this amazing opportunity and thank you Alabama for all of your support!!


Enjoy the Go!!!


Iris Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment